Fun and Games... by Grundy

| | |

Celeborn - Dare - Teach Something To Your Grandchildren

Triple drabble.


Twins. Not one, but two tiny, perfect little bundles of wonder. Celeborn had heard the mannish phrase “over the moon”, but this was the first time he’d experienced something like it. It eclipsed even Celebrían’s birth.

His darling daughter was as amazed and delighted at what she and Elrond had created as he and Galadriel had been about her. Doubly so, he suspected.

Galadriel had not yet come downstairs. She meant to sing daughter and grandsons both to sleep.

There were not so many of them to gather, but what family remained had all been present for the birth.

“I suppose they’ll be taught all the Noldorin prudery and nonsense,” Thranduil sniffed.

Celeborn would not let even his nephew’s disdain for Elrond dampen such an amazing day.

“I daresay they will,” he shrugged.

His daughter would balance it out, though. She might have come into the light far too late to know Doriath, but she was a Sinda of the trees as much as a child of the Exiles. She knew well enough how to walk a path between the two.

“Will you teach them of the Kinslayers?” Thranduil challenged. “Ensure they know the truth of their father’s childhood?”

“Mind your tongue, young one,” Celeborn commanded sternly. “There are some things even I will not dare. Calling Elrond a liar in his own house is among them.”

“They held him captive,” Thranduil snapped. “He will never be the king he would have been, should have been but for them!”

“I am happy enough to teach my grandchildren of Menegroth, and what the land looked like before the world was changed,” Celeborn said softly. “I will not tell them their father was a prisoner, or an orphan when he does not see it so. And you will not either, Thranduil Oropherion.”


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment