Holiday Party Instadrabbling by Lindariel

| | |

Years of the Trees 1368, Alqualondë

Truth or Dare prompt, Galadriel: "Truth - What was your first impression of Celeborn?"; double drabble


The singing in the weaving room trailed off. I looked up at my mother to ask her why everyone had stopped; she was watching the door where my grandmother had just entered. Grandmother smiled, gesturing to everybody to take up their work again, and headed toward us. Trailing behind her were three Teleri I did not know. The tallest was younger than the others and looked curious, as if he'd never seen a loom before.

When Grandmother introduced the Teleri to Mother, I watched him. He paid no attention to Grandmother. Instead he touched the loom Mother was using to teach me, tracing the end of the reinforcing beam that ran behind the cloth beam. He murmured, to nobody save himself, "beech. Fine finishing, but it would look better with swan's heads here."

"And this is Teleporno," concluded Grandmother.

I touched the cloth brake and met his eyes. "Teleporno, I think it would be better if the swan's heads faced one another across the top of the loom. That way they could hold these brakes in their beaks."

"Yes," he said. "Both functional and beautiful. Who are you again?"

I thought, "he is more like a Noldo than a Teleri."


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment