Holiday Party Instadrabbling by Lindariel

| | |

Second Age 1701, Lórinand

Never Have I Ever prompt:  Galadriel and "had to do something difficult before she had her coffee" and "early morning in Lothlorien"; double drabble


Galadriel dragged her eyelids open. True sleep came rarely to her in these days when she and Celeborn were so far apart, and every time she did sleep she dreamed of Ulmo and Tirion. The sea longing crested in her breast, dream Ulumúri still sobbing in her ears as she lay looking up at the interlaced mallorn branches above her flet, grey against the pale pink of sunrise.

It was too early to send for her morning tisane, but she felt herself hurtling toward a decision even without the stimulant to clear her head. Lórinand would be safe in Amroth's hands, but what of Celebrían?

She thought to Celebrían, "I must seek your father."

"It is a long journey," replied Celebrían, unsurprised.

"I like long journeys, and I need your father's counsel. And it will be pleasant to see the halls of Khazad-dûm again."

"May I come with you? For I would look upon Imladris."

"If you wish it, I would be glad of your company."

"Will you tell me about your travels before I was born?"

Galadriel paused for a moment. "Yes," she agreed, "it would be a good time for that."

"Excellent! Now would you like some tisane?"


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment