Holiday Party Instadrabbling by Lindariel

| | |

First Age 21, Menegroth

Truth or Dare prompt, Galadriel: "Celeborn is totally oblivious to Galadriel's feelings. Dare her to finally figure out how to get it through his head!"; double drabble


Celeborn rounded the corner into the corridor where Melian had lodged Finrod. It was nearly time for Lúthien's Begetting Day feast, and Melian had sent him to find Finrod. Otherwise, she had said, Finrod would sit in his room polishing up his newest harp piece until he missed the feast entirely. Celeborn could not understand why Melian should send him instead of Galadriel, but no one seemed to know where Galadriel was.

Ahead, the door to Finrod's suite stood ajar. As he got closer, he could hear Galadriel's voice.

"Brother," she said, "I do not know how to tell him. After so long a time of being best friends and traveling companions, I fear he can never see me as a lover."

"Have you considered simply blurting it out?" asked Finrod blandly.

"Well, no. It seems so..." she paused as Celeborn entered the room in a rush, not pausing until his arms were wrapped about her.

"Expedient?" supplied Finrod, archly this time.

As she returned his embrace she winked over his shoulder at Finrod, mouthing "thank you, brother."

From somewhere deep in the grottoes of Menegroth, Celeborn heard a nightingale's trill that turned into the whisper of a satisfied chuckle.


Chapter End Notes

Given the internal date of this fic, these names should be "Teleporno" instead of Celeborn, and "Alatáriel" instead of Galadriel.  Finrod's name should be different too.  But this is how I drafted it.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment