Sylvanlight, Book I by slflew

Fanwork Information

Summary:

What if Feanor's accusations to the Valar were correct?

What if everything you hoped for was a lie?

Valinor is not the paradise expected to be; Earendil's star has fallen - is it the beginning of Dagor Dagorath?

In Sylvanlight the stories of the Silmarillion are turned over and inside out, mysteries and dark intent surfacing if one simple fact is truth.

Major Characters: Ainur, Amarië, Caranthir, Curufin, Elrond, Elu Thingol, Elwing, Eärendil, Fëanor, Finrod Felagund, Manwë, Melian, Melkor, Original Character(s), Sons of Fëanor, Tulkas, Túrin, Ulmo, Valar, Varda

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Alternate Universe, Drama, Science Fiction

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 23 Word Count: 86, 296
Posted on 9 July 2009 Updated on 27 July 2012

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Prologues are sometimes a hit and a miss, but this one is so immensely well written that I found myself holding my breath as the image you presented washed over me. Perhaps it has also to do that we just had a period of such warmth and restless nights here, but still: my compliments. I now really find myself wanting to read further...

I just reminded myself to drop a review before I continue to read, this is such a pleasant read that before I know it, I've reached the end of the next chapter.

 Gwen is very content with her life, close to nature and its elements and perhaps a tad old for her age :) Many of her age would want to spent holiday on a beach, getting drunk and such. But she already seems to be so content with what she has and it is such a wonderful characterisation.