Shadow's Instadrabbles by daughterofshadows

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Each chapter will include which insta-drabble session the drabble came from and the prompts (where I was able to backtrace it).

All of these are perfect drabbles by my wordcount tool.

Check the individual chapter notes for warnings and a brief summary of the drabble.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The home of my insta-drabbling pieces!

(and the odd drabble of undetermined origin)

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Amarië, Anairë, Arwen, Bilbo Baggins, Celeborn, Celebrían, Eärwen, Elladan, Elrohir, Elrond, Elu Thingol, Finarfin, Gil-galad, Mahtan, Melian, Nerdanel, Thranduil

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Holiday Party, Middle-earth Olympics, Restoration and Rebuilding, Vintage, Zingers

Rating: General

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 22 Word Count: 2, 276
Posted on 3 January 2022 Updated on 14 September 2022

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Prompt: Always starting over by Idina Menzel (session: 25.04.2021)

Nerdanel rages.

Rated: General

Prompt: river, smile, warmth, memory (Session: 25.04.2021)

I used all but river.

Experiences of the elves crossing the Helcaraxe.

 

Warnings for Helcaraxe related deaths, like freezing, and falling into the ice, but there are no graphic descriptions.

Rated: Teen and up

Prompt: lawn, sunlit, riddle, daisy (Session: 25.04.2021)

Bilbo spends an afternoon with Amarie and her children.

Rated: General

Prompt: image of snowdrops (Session: 25.04.2021)

Eärwen and a day in early spring

Rated: General

Prompt: miss, mountains, nineteen, bay (Session: 01.08.2021 Olympics)

Bilbo contemplates life on Tol Eressea

Prompt: symmetrical, bread, ribbon, fall (Session: 01.08.2021 Olympics)

Nerdanel struggles with the mystery of place-sets and gets distracted by Arafinwe who needs her help.

Rated: General

Prompt: insight, strategic, brave, lift (Session: 01.08.2021 Olympics)

Elladan, Elrohir and Arwen plan and execute a most important heist.

Rated: General

Prompt: swan, green, bridge, arch (Session: 01.08.2021 Olympics)

Eryn Lasgalen vs Lothlorien. A competition. Who will win?

Rated: General

Prompt: artistic, tumble, ring, balance (Session: 01.08.2021 Olympics)

Elrond is very stressed on his wedding day.

Rated: General

Prompt: finish, lemon, string, fortune (Session: 01.08.2021 Olympics)

Elu Thingol and Melian eat together. It is a bit disturbing. Melian learns that elvish traditions are confusing.

Rated: General

Prompt: rain, vault, flummoxed, sparkle (Session: 01.08.2021 Olympics)

Círdan gets wet, Ereinion thinks it's the coolest thing he's ever seen. Or something like this

Rated: General

Prompt: Day 5 - Never Have I ever (Session: 02.01.2022 Holidays)

I picked Celebrimbor, and got the prompt Celebrimbor has a premonition.

Celebrimbor dreams of light and doors and friends.

Rated: General

Prompt: Day 5 - Never have I ever (Session: 02.01.2022 Holidays)

Durin (III) has never watched a little elfling (or two or three). It is going... not too well. But hey! At least no one died!

Rated: General

Prompt: Day 23 - Dancing (Session: 02.01.2022 Holidays)

Taminalma and Rog share a moment in their new kitchen.

Rated: General

Prompt: Day 13 - Truth or Dare (Session: 02.01.2022 Holidays)

Mahtan was dared to say what he truly thinks of Feanor.

Rated: Teen and up for cursing

Prompt: Vintage Challenge - Art Card: Mosaic, Fanworks Card: Songfic

There is a mosaic in the Hall of Fire. A reminder of everything Rivendell was meant to be.

Rated: General

Song: Soon Love Soon by Vienna Teng

Written for the Zingers challenge, this chapter is an alternative take on one of my current TRSB fics, featuring Galdor, Nellas, Beleg and Mablung, though the last one is not named.

The prompt was:

"He would make a lovely corpse." - Charles Dickens

Prompt: An image of multiple abandoned houses, with broken windows. (Session: 20.08.2022 Restoration and Rebuilding)

In which Liandë, Caranthir's wife, returns to Formenos some time after the Flight of the Noldor and finds her life reflected in the ruins of her old home.

Rated: General

Prompt: Feeling good - Nina Simone (Session: 20.08.2022 Restoration and Rebuilding)

This is the aftermath of something. I'm not sure what. Maybe it's the aftermath of the sinking of Numenor, maybe it's the time after the destruction of the trees. Whatever you favour!

Rated: General

 

Prompt: Reborn by Kids see ghosts (song) (Session: 20.8.2022 Restoration and Rebuilding)

Gil-Galad leaves the Halls of Mandos and is greeted by someone unexpected.

Rated: General

Prompt: An image of a Kintsugi vase (Session: 20.08.2022 Restoration and Rebuilding)

An aunt, a nephew and a broken vase.

Rated: General

Prompt: Designing a dream city is easy; rebuilding a living one takes imagination. - Jane Jacobs (belated contribution to the Restoration & Rebuilding Session)

What happened to the dwarven settlements in Belegost and Nogrod after the War of Wrath?

We know most of them left for Moria, but what about those that stayed behind?

Rated: General


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


People in Arda have needed to do this more than once and not only in Arda.

This may be my favourite of your drabbles today, perhaps, but I liked all of them!

Aww, little Rog, I so empathise with his distress — and then the joy of learning that things can be remade into something not quite new, not quite the same, and yet wholly whole.

(I personally prefer mending to replacing, and love the improvised crafting it generates; there's something so satisfying, sometimes even jig-of-joy making, in being able to mend, so I wholly relate to Urusimë in this drabble.)