Look Homeward Angel by oshun

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Grey Havens Passport Stamp

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Day 30: Grey Havens -- Write a story or poem, or create a piece of art on the theme of leaving or returning home. A moment of domesticity with Elros, Elrond, Maglor and Maedhros.

Major Characters: Elrond, Elros, Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Ankle Biters, B2MeM 2011

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 568
Posted on 29 March 2011 Updated on 29 March 2011

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thanks. I had almost fogotten that I had written that one. It was lost in a flood of B2MeM stories, others as well as my own. I never bought a house myself, but considered it seriously enough to have seriously shopped for one and there a  couple I still remember with some sadness.

Elrond got his house and it was legendary. I still like to think he got another one later then in Aman. I also imagine that Maedhros and Fingon got a house eventually. I cannot resist believing that.

Thanks for reading! I either did not get or missed the notification of this review. Oh, the story is not profound, just that Maedhros and Fingon could have just as easily been happy in Valinor to begin with if they had not been up to their eyebrows in the political machinations of their respective families. Anyway, they didn't ever buy Maedhros' dream house, but Elrond did one day build his own dream house, but then he lost his wife who shared it with him. So, of course, I had to write Elrond reunited with her in Valinor and trying again. OK. My silly explanation is nearly as long as the story. Doing that always reminds that a joke is not a good one if one has to explain why it's funny! I am not destined to do a great job with ficlets. Lazy as I am, I am destined to be a long-form writer.