A New Life in an Old Home by chrissystriped

| | |

Chapter Nine


Maedhros sank deeper into his chair, pulling Nolofinwe on his lap. His núro only wore trousers, the Star bright red on his chest. It was a performance night and there were a lot of people in the room they’d only met once or twice. They didn’t make it every time, it was a little too far from Tirion — closer to Valmar in fact — to make the journey there and back in one day. Especially when they wanted to play. Nolofinwe had responsibilities that often kept him in Tirion and Maedhros… well, he still felt guilty to stay away from Alqualonde for too long. But tonight was only for them. They would enjoy the show one of the couples would put on the stage and they would enjoy themselves. They sat in one of the little nooks that were made by portable screens, intended for people who wanted to keep their privacy, they didn’t feel like socialising tonight. Not during the performance, at least. Maybe later.

“You’d like to be on that stage, too, wouldn’t you?”, he whispered into Nolofinwe’s ear, dragging his nails down his back. “On display for everyone to see how I use you.”

Nolofinwe shuddered and moaned “Yes” into his ear.

Maedhros chuckled. “Maybe we’ll do that sometime. But now, let’s watch.”

They repositioned themselves until Nolofinwe’s back leaned against Maedhros’s chest. Maedhros let his hand slide over Nolofinwe’s skin, tracing the star with a fingertip. They’d been here before on a night like this, with elves on the stage who liked to play in public, to give a bit of a show. He’d thought it weird at first to watch strangers, but soon it had become arousing — for both him and Nolofinwe. He was not sure, if he really would enjoy being up there, but he knew that being watched was one of his lover’s fantasies and he’d make it real if he could. Well, they were watched now. Not overtly and soon all attention would be on the stage, but they were looked at.

“They are looking at you”, he whispered into his núro’s ear. “The people around us. You are such a desirable sight. They wonder how it would be to have you. But you are mine, all mine. I’m the only one who is allowed to touch you.”

He let his hand slide possessively over Nolofinwe’s body. His cock throbbed — he didn’t say this things only for Nolofinwe’s pleasure. It aroused him to know that it was true, in this game they played, in this room, Nolofinwe was all his to command.

 

Nolofinwe squirmed under his prince’s touches, sometimes gentle, sometimes a little rough. He loved it, loved the possessiveness of it and how everyone who cared to look would see he was Maedhros’s. It aroused him how this was almost a public place. Yes, they were separated from the others by the screen, but it was still an open room and his prince had said they were watched. Well, not now. Now everyone watched the two elves coming on the stage. One of them was wearing a uniform in black and red, dragging the other behind him on a chain linked to a heavy iron collar.

Nolofinwe squeaked when Maedhros’s nails dug into his skin. “No”, he heard him whimper. He could feel him trembling. Nolofinwe squirmed around on his lap.

“Maedhros, what’s wrong?”

His eyes were wide and full of terror.

“Kneel for your master, slave”, he heard the elf on the stage snap. “There’s only one use in Angband for the likes of you.”

Nolofinwe felt a shower of dread run down his spine as he realised Maedhros must have recognised the uniform the moment the performers entered the stage. Damn. People had been considerate after his conversation with Inwision, but they clearly hadn't thought... well, no matter, that wasn't important now. He cupped his lover’s face in his hands and turned his head so he had to look at him.

“Maedhros. You are not there”, he said firmly. “You are safe, I will protect you. Do you hear me?”

Maedhros’s eyes focused on him. He nodded. “Get me out of here”, he whispered. “Please.”

Nolofinwe rose from his lap and took his hands firmly between his own. “Look at me”, he said. “Only look at me.” He slowly walked backward, trying not to bump into anyone as he made his way around the edge of the room. “I’m here for you. No one is going to hurt you.”

Maedhros slumped into a chair in the hallway once they’d made it out of the room and Nolofinwe quickly wrapped his arms around him, rocking him gently, as he started to cry with deep heaving sobs. “I’m sorry”, he croaked after a while. “I’m so sorry. I just…” Another painful sob tore from his throat.

“Shh.” Nolofinwe stroked his hair gently. His heart ached for Maedhros. “I know. I understand. Let’s go to your grandfather’s house.”

Maedhros nodded and let him pull him to his feet. “I’m sorry I spoiled the night for you”, he said again.

“Shush. I don’t want to hear nonsense like that.” Nolofinwe gently wiped the tears from Maedhros’s cheeks and looked him firmly in the eye. “It is not your fault. There’s nothing you have to be sorry for.” He kissed him gently. “Do you want me gagged and blindfolded tonight?”

Maedhros closed his eyes and leaned into him. “I don’t know yet”, he said softly. “I’ll think about it. Let’s go home.”

Maedhros gripped his hand tightly, as if he wanted to make sure that he really was there, as they walked across the yard to the main house. There was still light in the parlour and Nolofinwe made sure to sneak them past. Everyone in the house knew, but Maedhros wasn’t in a shape to meet anyone right now.

 

Maedhros was trembling so hard he almost didn’t make it up the stairs. The only reason he did was Nolofinwe gently urging him on. The moment the door to their bedroom closed behind them, he collapsed on the bed, curling up and closing his eyes. The trembling wouldn’t stop, something inside him still expected something awful to happen and he didn’t know how to convince it otherwise. He instinctively cringed away when the mattress dipped.

“Is it alright to touch you?”, Nolofinwe asked.

“Yes”, Maedhros whispered and threw himself into his arms.

They didn’t talk for a long while. Nolofinwe held him, stroked his hair and back and rocked him gently and after a while Maedhros stopped trembling. His body ached and he felt so tired, but he knew if he fell asleep now, he would wake again soon, screaming with terror and remembered pain.

“Talk to me”, he said. “About anything but what just happened.”

Nolofinwe stilled for a moment, then launched into what amounted to several years of court gossip. Maedhros let it all wash over him, not so much listening to the words but letting Nolofinwe’s voice calm him further. He relaxed into him and Nolofinwe moved them around and pulled the blanket over them both, never stopping to talk.

“I’m sorry”, Maedhros said when the sunlight tickled his nose and he realised they’d been up all night. “I kept you awake.”

“Will you stop apologising?”, Nolofinwe said gently. “It’s alright.”

Maedhros noticed that his voice was a little rough from talking for hours. He wriggled out of Nolofinwe’s embrace and sat up. “Let me get you some tea”, he said. “And maybe breakfast”, he added when his stomach started to rumble.

Nolofinwe smiled at him. “That would be nice. Are you…”

“I will be”, Maedhros interrupted his question. “Let me pamper you this morning.”

“As you wish. My prince.” Nolofinwe smiled up at him. “I’m all yours.”

Maedhros bowed down and kissed him slowly and gently. “I love you so much”, he whispered.

The memories still lurked in the back of his mind, but in the bright morning light and with Nolofinwe looking at him like he was the centre of his life, he could banish them. He slipped into his robe and sneaked downstairs. It was still early, but the smell of coffee was already wafting through the house. Maedhros turned towards the kitchen and let Cook prepare a tray for him and Nolofinwe.

“Thank you.” Nolofinwe sipped from his cup.

Maedhros smiled and offered him a strawberry. Nolofinwe licked his fingertip when he took the fruit into his mouth and Maedhros felt a spark of arousal settle in his belly. He let it, enjoying the bright morning; the warm bed; Nolofinwe’s naked body beside him. He continued to feed him for a while, stealing some pieces of fruit for himself, so Nolofwine wouldn’t worry.

“Now”, Nolofinwe said, putting the tray on the floor and fluttering his eyelashes at him. “What would you like to do to your núro, my prince.”

Maedhros felt his mouth go dry. “Let me make love to you, Nolofinwe”, he said with a slight tremor in his voice.

Nolofinwe pulled him down into a sweet kiss. “Then make love to me, my dearest”, he murmured against his lips.

Maedhros exhaled with relief. “You don’t mind…”, his voice failed him and he tried again. “It is alright for you to have normal sex.”

“Sex is always nice.” Nolofinwe winked at him. “And I love you. So let’s make love. Just like this, without any pretending.”

 

Nolofinwe stroked Maedhros’s hair gently. After he’d made love to him, slow and achingly gentle, he’d finally been able to fall asleep. He was relieved about it, sometimes Maedhros was on edge for days after something reminded him of his captivity. Nolofinwe snuggled into him and closed his eyes, his mind touching Maedhros's. He would feel if he had a nightmare, even in his sleep. He would guard his dreams.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment