Finwean Correspondences on the Topic of the Edain (Posthumously Selected by Elrond Half-Elven) by Dialux, Anne Wolfe, , Idrils Scribe, , Dawn Felagund, , Aprilertuile, , janeways, , Himring

| | |

Celegorm


To my brother Maglor,

Prince of the Gap,

 

Greetings to you.

You know you're my almost favorite elder brother, right?

Actually, when it comes to avoid political problems with the nolofinwëans, you might be my favorite elder brother really. See?

Anyway, so here's the thing, as you've perhaps heard by now, our cousin Finrod found new "mortals" and dumped them on Amrod and Amras who seemed to have decided to adopt them, according to Caranthir.

I have no idea what kind of creature they are, but I suppose it might be interesting to see, so long they're not orcs or allies of Morgoth in some ways.

If they are I guess it might be still interesting to see, if only to know how to hunt them best... That's something to think about at least. But let’s have some amount of confidence in the twins. They decided to adopt them so surely they have some amount of trust in the fact those aren’t actually fell beasts of some sort.

If the new adopted pets of our twin brothers are somehow allies of Morgoth anyway... Do you think they're edible?

I'm just asking in case one day we end up having a hard time of it you know. I mean, we're already aware that orcs aren't edible, and that neither are wargs and that spiders are downright poisonous in the first place and the rest of his fell beasts and the like is better left untouched, so...

I mean, we have to consider all options available right?

If by case I was to hunt one of those new things that Finrod discovered, do you want me to keep you updated on whether or not they're edible and all?

Anyway, so following the discovery that our younger brothers adopted those “mortals”, our much beloved elder brother, in his wisdom if that's what we want to call his insane mother-henning tendencies, I mean, he does realize we're not in our 30s anymore and are, in fact, adults and lords in our own right, right?, decided to ask our soon-to-be dearly-sorry-for-some-of-his-life-choices brother Caranthir to check on the twins and those new critters.

But Caranthir decided to try to blackmail me into doing it for him because of reasons.

As you know yourself by experience, that's not going to work. So, I might have to go and see, for safety's sake... And because I might be a bit curious, but I won't report to Caranthir.

So, if by case, an old inconsequential story of wardrobe malfunction... That once concerned our revered high-king, you surely remember that incident, Caranthir had been in an absolute foul mood for ages for that one. Anyway, if that story was to... Come up again... Surely, you'd agree that we have other, bigger subjects of preoccupation, right? Surely Nolofinwë wouldn't quite care anymore about that?

Thinking on it, I might have to warn Curufin if he's not already aware. Since, you know, he might be somewhat concerned shall someone take offence to something I did or didn’t do, or allegedly did, in the next... Oh, few months or so.

On another note, not unrelated mind you, apparently cousin Finrod found those new mortals of his while he was hunting with you. Why, brother dearest, was cousin Finrod alone to find those mortals if he was supposed to be with you?

Did you manage to lose him somehow?

Because you know that's absolutely terrible hunting practice and that if you wanted to get rid of our cousin, there's far better ways to do that, right? I mean, in Aman it was already bad hunting practice to lose people from your hunting party, but here in Beleriand it’s almost guaranteed to get someone killed and could be considered kinslaying in its own right.

Not that I'd judge if you wanted to get rid of our delightful cousin, mind you, but I thought you actually liked him? Did that change? Should I be concerned?

Your favorite hunter, I'm sure.

Celegorm.

PS: Also, while I still think about that, you might want to talk to our most beloved elder brother, you know... So, he wouldn't take too much offense at that situation with Caranthir. You know, we, younger siblings can't really help it right? And it's really, really not worthy of Maedhros ranting at us.

Even in the event that wardrobe story came back up in conversations somehow... With our uncle, high-king... I mean, it's just a minor incident, right? Really not worth Maedhros' anger, I'm sure, so if you'd be so nice as to, perhaps, you know... Do your thing and be tactful and diplomatic and keep him from getting worked up over our affairs, I'd be grateful.

 


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment